Sunday, April 3, 2011

Idea Overkill?

I don't like it when I have zero ideas drummed up to even *think* about writing... but even worse, I think, is having TOO many ideas.

Currently, I have the quirky children's book idea that I will co-write with my daughter (I guess *I* will be the one writing, & she'll help me with the storyline aspects of it).  I have requests to write accounts of my time with my kids, though I will likely turn it into a fictionalized version of my truth... which will be full of humor, love, loss, grief, and triumph, no doubt... and then another idea about another dream I had, full of the paranormal.

I sit back and re-read the above paragraph and say to myself, "Geez, Kass, those are really different ideas. Pick a genre already!"

The truth is, no matter what I write, I have to feel passionate about it.  "Another Eternity," while conceived within a dream, turned into an outpouring of emotion that I had bottled up in me... a plethora of "what-ifs" within my own relationship were exorcised from my soul as I wrote each word of it.  I purged a great deal of things while writing it, and it changed my life profoundly.  I want to feel that way with EACH project I undertake, and am hoping against hope that maybe, just maybe, I can accomplish that goal.

Now, I prepare my heart for the journey... knowing that the best stories are those that are deeply-felt and greatly-admired... by the author first.

No comments:

Post a Comment